I am a member of the Duke of Edinburgh club.
A club that asks that people to have a certain number of volunteer/work experience,
a club that asks for physical hours,
a club that works on encouraging us to go on a journey of some kind on our own (with certain aquirements),
and a club that asks for each of it's members to work on a skill.
I'm doing well with volunteer hours,
and I'm slowly working on my physical hours,
and the journey will come this summer,
(wow that sounds really dramatic)
but I'm working on my skills.
Recently, I've started a Newspaper Club at my school.
And with the help of Mrs. P,
it's first meeting; in my opinion, was a success.
On preparing the Newspaper Club, I've sent lots of emails,
spread the word onto lots of interested people,
asked for any ideas,
relayed any questions,
gave back answers,
and stood to talk in front of a group of 12 or so people,
hoping for the best.
It'll be a little hard,
working on this "skill building".
But I'll try my best either way.
Let's go Newspaper Club!
No comments:
Post a Comment