May 2nd, 2013.
It was a great meeting day today! Everyone was pumped since we were able to get a lot of page views! We had about 60, if I can remember correctly.
On this meeting, we decided to break our "one-article-per-person" limits and decided to do do tons of things for the paper! Myself and one of the members are going to collaborate on a paper about the political people that came to our school on Wednesday the 1st, and that same member is going to get a short story from her friend and make a "Guest Writer" post!
As well, another member is going to write a poem and possibly something else. The other two members I have will write about entertainment; one will write about music vidoes, the other will write a review of Iron Man 3. My comic drawer is making the comic as I type, and we decided to make it a bi-weekly thing so that it's easier for her to plan/draw things out.
Everything is going very smoothly, but I can't help but be a bit worried about my task for this week. Since the member who wrote about sports doesn't want to write about it anymore, I have to fill it in. I'm not necessarily upset, since I love sports, but I might have a hard time getting things from school or from other sources since I'm not the "sport savvy" type and can hardly tell the difference from a "clean hit" to a "bad hit" in hockey.
I'll do my best though, everyone seems to be pulling their own; if not more, weight in this club. I'm very happy I could get them involved like this.
Oh, as well, a girl did the vow of silence a long while ago, but never published her article about it. I'm happy to say that my sponsor teacher recommended that we post it anyways. It's an important issue to address, so I really hope she remembers to publish this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment